Reasons why Python is best suited for machine learning ?
Python is currently the most popular programming language for research and development in machine learning. But you don’t have to take my word for it! According to Google Trends interest in Python for machine learning has skyrocketed, with other ML languages like R, Scala , Julia, etc., are far behind. P >
So now that we have established that Python is the most popular machine learning programming language, WHY still remains. So let’s now understand why Python is so popular and therefore why it is best suited for ML. Some of these reasons are listed below:
1. Python is easy to use
No one likes overly complicated things, and therefore Python’s ease of use is one of the main reasons why it is so popular for machine learning. It’s simple with easy-to-read syntax, making it a favorite of both experienced developers and experimental students. Python’s simplicity means developers can focus on actually solving a machine learning problem rather than spending all their time (and energy!) Understanding only the technical nuances of the language.
In addition to this, Python is also extremely effective . This allows developers to do more work with fewer lines of code. Python code is also easy for humans to understand, making it ideal for building machine learning models. With all these benefits, what’s not to love? !!
2. Python has several libraries and frameworks
Python is already quite popular and therefore has hundreds of different libraries and frameworks that developers can use. These libraries and frameworks are really useful for saving time, which in turn makes Python even more popular (this is a profitable loop !!!).
There are many Python libraries that are especially useful for artificial intelligence and machine learning. Some of them are listed below:
- Keras — it is an open source library that is especially geared towards experimenting with deep neural networks.
- TensorFlow — is a free software library that is used for many machine learning applications such as neural networks. (They seem pretty popular!)
- Scikit-learn — is a free machine learning software library that includes various classification, regression and clustering algorithms. Scikit-learn can also be used in conjunction with NumPy and SciPy.
3. Python has community and corporate support
Python has been around since 1990 and there is plenty of time for creating a supportive community . With this support, Python students can easily improve their knowledge of machine learning, which only leads to an increase in popularity. And that is not all! There are many resources available on the web for promoting ML in Python, ranging from C /