os.chmod (path, mode)
path - path name of the file or directory path
mode - mode may take one of the following values:
- stat.S_ISUID: Set user ID on execution
- stat.S_ISGID: Set group ID on execution
- stat.S_ENFMT: Record locking enforced
- stat.S_ISVTX: Save text image after execution
- stat.S_IREAD: Read by owner.
- stat.S_IWRITE: Write by owner.
- stat.S_IEXEC: Execute by owner.
- stat.S_IRWXU: Read, write, and execute by owner
- stat.S_IRUSR: Read by owner
- stat. S_IWUSR: Write by owner.
- stat.S_IXUSR: Execute by owner.
- stat.S_IRWXG: Read, write, and execute by group
- stat.S_IRGRP: Read by group
- stat.S_IWGRP: Write by group
- stat. S_IXGRP: Execute by group
- stat.S_IRWXO: Read, write, and execute by others.
- stat.S_IROTH: Read by others
- stat.S_IWOTH: Write by others
- stat.S_IXOTH: Execute by others
Code # 1:
File can be read only by owner. File access changed, can be read by others now.
Code # 2:
File can be written and executed only by owner.