and Node.js are both used for server side development and thus become competitors for each other. Below are some differences based on different parameters to understand the two and make a decision between the two giants. PHP
< h3 align = center> Syntax and command line access Both platforms have access to the command line interface via:
PHP PHP is used in collaboration with traditional / relational databases like MySQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL, etc. However, there are ways to use NoSQL database systems with PHP too but they are not very popular. Node.jsworks perfectly with NoSQL (Not only SQL) databases like MongoDB, CouchDB and graph database systems like Neo4j. The NPM packages for almost all the databases are available on the npm registry. Negative point PHP:
MySQL database systems are particularly susceptible to SQL injection attacks, cross-site scripting (XSS), and others.Downside of Node.js:
Although they are not very common, NoSQL attacks are a documented vulnerability. But compared to SQL injection, they are negligible. The main reason for this is that they are new and their code design is such that they are inherently resistant to such attacks. WEB SERVERS
PHP < th class = "amp-wp-inline-c455faa5252af2442334b73df3d09570"> Node.js Note: PHP
- Used in developing CPU-intensive applications like meteorology applications and scientific applications .
- LAMP stack is used in API development.
- CMS (Content Managemtn Systems) like WordPress, Drupal also use PHP which makes it possible to be used in creating blogs, websites, e-commerce sites etc.
- Nodejs is ideal for developing highly sc alable server-side solutions because of its non-blocking I / O, and event-driven model.
- Used massively in Real-time applications like chat applications, blogs, video streaming applications. < li> Used in developing single-page applications like resume portfolios, individual websites.
should be used in applications where the client does not need to interact with server, and Node.js should be used for applications that require a lot of interaction between client and server.