Microsoft has released build 25284 in the Windows 11 Dev Channel. It offers a new widget for Messenger as well as numerous bug fixes for taskbar, search, windowing and more. However, some insiders may have difficulties when trying to access websites via VPN. Microsoft has offered a temporary workaround to solve this known problem.
The problem potentially affects administrators who are testing a new build for business purposes before its future deployment in the enterprise environment.
Microsoft suggests the following steps to resolve it:
- press the Start button or the Windows key on the keyboard;
- find "Change Group Policy" and run it to open the Local Group Policy Editor;
- on the left navigation bar, expand Computer Configuration > Administrator Templates > Network > DNS Client;
- in the right pane, double-click NetBIOS Settings;
- in the pop-up window, select Enabled at the top and select Configure NetBIOS Settings > NetBIOS Name Resolution from the appropriate drop-down list;
- click OK;
- double-click "Disable Multicast Name Resolution";
- select Disabled in the corresponding window; press OK.
You will then need to close the Local Group Policy Editor and reboot the computer.
When Microsoft resolves the issue in future builds, the changes will need to be rolled back.
Earlier in the Windows 11 pre-build, references were found to the fact that Microsoft may implement the new ReFS file system to replace the previous NTFS file system on certain systems.