Master CEH v11 and identify your weaknesses
As information protection continues to be a growing concern for businesses today, IT security certifications have become highly desirable, although the number of certifications has increased. Now you can stand out from the crowd with Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH v11) certification. CEH v11 Certified Ethical Hacker Study Guide and Practice Tests Set gives you all the necessary technical reviews for CEH PLUS SEVEN practice tests to demonstrate your readiness for exam day.
Chapters are organized by exam objective, with a handy section that maps each objective to the corresponding chapter, so you can keep track of your progress. The text provides comprehensive coverage of all topics, along with challenging chapter review questions and Exam Essentials, a key feature that identifies critical study areas. Topics include common attack practices such as reconnaissance and scanning. Topics such as intrusion detection, DoS attacks, buffer overflows, wireless attacks, mobile attacks, Internet of Things (IoT) and more are also covered.
Through the CEH Certified Ethical Hackers Study Guide v11
The CEH Certified Ethical Hackers Study Guide v11 provides a comprehensive overview of CEH certification requirements with short, easy-to-understand instructions. Chapters are organized by exam objective, with a handy section that maps each objective to the appropriate chapter so you can track your progress. The text provides broad coverage of all topics, along with challenging chapter reviews and exam fundamentals questions, a key feature that identifies critical learning areas. Topics include common attack practices such as recon and scan. In addition, topics such as intrusion detection, DoS attacks, buffer overflows, wireless attacks, mobile attacks, Internet of Things (IoT) and more are covered.
This study guide goes beyond exam preparation and offers hands-on exercises to reinforce key skills and real-world scenarios that incorporate what you have learned in the context of real-life professional roles.
- Get a unique certification that allows you to act as an attacker and identify vulnerabilities so they can be addressed
- Expand your career opportunities with an IT certification that meets Department of Defense directive 8570 for information security positions
- Fully updated for CEH v11 exam 2020, including the latest developments in IT security
- Access the Sybex online learning center, with chapter review questions, TWO comprehensive practice exams, electronic flash cards, and a glossary of key terms
Learn about CEH v11 Certified Ethical Hacker Practice Tests
CEH: Certified Ethical Hacker Version 11 Practice Tests are the ideal preparation for this challenging exam. FIVE PI comprehensive and unique practice tests are designed to help you identify weaknesses in your understanding so that you can efficiently direct your preparation efforts and gain the confidence and skills needed to overcome them. These tests cover all sections of the exam plan and allow you to test your knowledge of background, analysis / evaluation, safety, tools / systems / programs, procedures / methodology, regulation / guidelines and ethics.
- Practice all seven sections of the CEH v11 exam
- Test your knowledge of safety, tools, procedures and regulations
- Find your understanding of vulnerabilities and threats
- Master the material well in advance of the exam day
Who is this book for
This course provides detailed knowledge of computer security of modern systems and will be important for security administrators as a reference for various methods and tools for hacking computer networks and systems. Also, the course is useful for security officers to improve their work efficiency, taking into account the new tricks of intruders, and undoubtedly this course will be of interest to heads of IT departments to form a realistic assessment of the current situation in the field of computer security. In addition, the course is useful for security professionals as a preparation for obtaining international certification.
- Upon completion of the course, students will be able to: ▼
- Understand the relationship of network security components, the scope of responsibility and influence of each of the nodes;
- Know and manage network vulnerabilities;
- Self-detect vulnerabilities;
- Work with tools for hacking networks and systems;
- Know hacker tricks to penetrate systems and networks;
- Test any network components for hacking;
- Classify workstations according to the degree of risk of an attack;
- Understand the attacker's train of thought;
- Assess the scale of potential attacks;
- Counteract unauthorized collection of information about the organization's network;
- Understand the attacker's strategy;
- Assess the security of virtualization and cloud computing platforms;
- Define an attack based on social engineering;
- Learn methods of hacking a wireless network;
- Determine the most vulnerable places of mobile platforms;
- Counteract cryptographic attacks;
- Understand the process of intrusion into the system;
- Conduct an audit of security systems;
- Resist intrusion.
CEH v11 certification
EC-Council‘s Certified Ethical Hacker certification is a respected and trusted security certification that has become one of today’s top choices to validate a professional‘s skills in penetration testing and vulnerability discovery in target systems. Certified ethical hackers provide an essential service in securing organizations’ digital assets by identifying weaknesses and potential attack vectors to prevent sensitive information from being stolen and misappropriated by malicious cybercriminals.
EC-Council‘s CEH (ANSSI) program was recently revised. Its objectives test one’ s knowledge of core security concepts, and ability to assess an organization’s IT infrastructure to identify threats, analyse them, and provide remedial actions within the context of the latest OS, tools, techniques, exploits and technologies.
Overview of CEH v11
The CEH certification is designed to verify that a professional has the skills and knowledge to perform multiple tasks, including penetration testing, cybersecurity audits, security assessments, vulnerability assessments, ethical hacking, security compliance analysis, and more.
The CEH V11 certification comprises an examination that tests candidates' knowledge of five hacking phases (reconnaissance, gaining access, enumeration, maintaining access, covering your tracks), along with various attack vectors and preventive countermeasures.
The CEH v4 topics (CEH v11 objectives) include:
- Information Security and Ethical Hacking Overview (6%)
- Reconnaissance Techniques (21%)
- System Hacking Phases and Attack Techniques (17%)
- Network and Perimeter Hacking (14%)
- Web Application Hacking (16%)
- Wireless Network Hacking (6%)
- Mobile Platform, IoT, and OT Hacking (8%)
- Cloud Computing (6%)
- Cryptography (6%)