Most modern laptops can work with Cricut Explore and Cricut Maker machines. However, compatibility doesn’t always mean you’ll get the best possible performance.
Cricuts is a great tool for crafters as it provides them with many features that help them cut various shapes and designs with expert precision. . With a laptop that can work well with Cricut’s devices and software, you’ll have the tools you need to achieve professional results.
There are so many different laptops available on the market that it can be hard to know which one to choose. When it comes to the best laptops, the inside matters. They all have different characteristics and features that make them great for different functions.
This guide will explain all the specs and features of the best laptops available that will work with Cricut Explore and Maker.
- Acer Predator Helios 300
- Microsoft Surface Pro 7
- Asus Vivobook 15
- Acer Aspire 5
- Lenovo Ideapad 3
Best laptop for Cricut Design Space 2022
Cricut Explore and Maker are two of the most popular electronic cutting tools. cars on the market. To help you make the best decision and save time, here is a list of the best laptops available for use with Cricut Explore and Maker.
If you’re in a hurry to make a purchase and don’t have time to research, we’ve featured our top picks here to save you time. Our top pick is the Acer Predator Helios 300.
Why is it our top choice?
The Acer Predator Helios 300 came up a few times while searching for the best laptop for this particular purpose. This is due to its large storage capacity, exceptional performance, and overall ability to work well when using software such as Cricut Design space and other programs you may need. This laptop is ideal for use with Cricut Explore and Cricut Maker.
- 10th Gen Intel Core i7-10750H 6-core processor for exceptional performance.
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 overclockable for better graphics and visuals.
- Dual channel DDR4 2933 MHz 16 GB.
- 1TB SSD for additional storage. Ideal for storing all your business designs and graphics.
Best laptop for cricut: Acer Predator Helios 300
This laptop is perfect for running any software you might need with a powerful 10th Gen Intel Core i7 processor. It is also equipped with an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 graphics card which provides crisp and clear graphics for the user.
Predator also features superior cooling technology with 4th generation Aero Blade fans that can keep your laptop running without worrying about overheating.
This laptop also has 16GB of DDR4 RAM, which is essential for your system to be able to access data faster and run programs smoothly.
The Acer Predator has a 15.6-inch Full HD display that delivers excellent image quality as well as a great size to work with. However, due to its size and all the features that are stored in it, this laptop is quite heavy at 5.7 pounds. If you don’t need a laptop this might not be a problem for you, but it might be worth considering if you want to design on the go.
- Excellent performance
- Excellent graphics processing
- Superior cooling technology to reduce the risk of overheating
- Powerful Processing Capabilities
- May not be suitable for portability as it is quite heavy
Acer Predator Helios 300 Gaming Laptop, Intel i7-10750H, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 6GB, 15.6" IPS Full HD 144Hz, 3ms, 16GB Dual Channel DDR4, 512GB NVMe SSD, Wi-Fi 6 , RGB keyboard, PH315-53-72XD
- 10th Gen Intel Core i7-10750H 6-core processor (up to 5.0 GHz) with Windows 10 Home 64 Bit
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 overclockable with 6 GB GDDR6 dedicated video memory.
- 15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) LED-backlit widescreen IPS display (144Hz refresh rate, 3ms response time overdrive, 300 nits B correct and 72% NTSC)
- 16 GB DDR4 Dual Channel 2933 MHz 512 GB NVMe SSD (2 M.2 slots; 1 slot open for easy upgrade) & 1 available HDD bay
- 4-zone RGB backlit keyboard | Wireless: Killer Double Shot Pro Wireless-AX 1650i 802. 11ax Wi-Fi 6; LAN: Killer Ethernet E2600 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN; DTS X: Ultra-Audio; 4th generation AeroBlade 3D all-metal fan
Best laptop for Cricut Explore Air: Microsoft Surface Pro 7
Our next pick is the Microsoft Surface Pro 7, which has the unique ability to work like a tablet. This 2 in 1 laptop is great for those who like to draw their designs before cutting them out with the Cricut machine. This laptop would make a great addition to any craftsmen’s setup. You can draw, write and work more naturally using the 12.7-inch tablet features.
This laptop is also lightweight at just 1.10 pounds, which is significantly less than some of our other models. You can easily take your laptop on the go, and it still has some great tech in it.
The Microsoft Surface Pro 7 offers up to 10.5 hours of all-day battery life and can also charge very quickly, from 0% to 80% in just an hour. Its long battery life will come in handy for those long work days when you use your laptop all the time.
You can also customize this laptop according to your expectations before buying it as there are different options to choose from. Depending on whether you opt for an Intel Core i5 or i7 processor, you can choose between 8GB or 16GB of RAM, and 128GB or 256GB of storage. This allows you to consider your needs and make decisions based on you.
- Lightweight, thin and portable
- Long battery life
- Possibility of customization according to your needs
- Large memory
- 2 in 1 design allows you to use it as a laptop and tablet.
- Smaller screen size
Microsoft Surface Pro 7 - 12.3" Touchscreen - 10th Gen Intel Core i5 - 8 GB Memory - 128 GB SSD (Latest Model) - Platinum with Black Cover
Next generation, better quality - a cool laptop with studio and tablet versatility so you can type, touch, draw, write, work and play more naturally.
Faster than Surface Pro 6 with a 10th Gen Intel core processor, redefining thin and light computing.
- More ways to connect, with USB-c and USB-a ports for connecting to displays, docking stations, and more, and charging accessories. Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.0
- Outstanding design that won’t weigh you down - Surface Pro 7’s ultra-thin and light surface starts at just 1.70 pounds.
- Battery life for the whole day. up to 10.5 hours, plus the ability to go from empty to full faster by about 80 percent in just an hour.
Best computer for cricut: Asus Vivobook 15
The Asus Vivobook 15 has the ability to choose between Ryzen 5 or Ryzen 7 processors, allowing you to choose which one you think you’ll need. The Ryzen 5 processor has a 256GB SSD, while the Ryzen 7 has a 512GB SSD. It is worth noting that the better the processor, the better the performance will be.
Like our first choice, this laptop has a 15.6-inch screen; Only this one is in high definition.
Its AMD Radeon Vega 8 GPU delivers discrete and high quality graphics.
This laptop also has 8GB of DDR4 RAM for ultra-fast memory access. allowing it to run smoothly. In terms of design, it has a backlit keyboard and a fingerprint scanner that will let you keep your work safe and your designs private.
The laptop also has excellent connectivity options that make it easy to connect to use with the Cricut machine. It includes USB 3.2 Type C, USB 3.2 and USB 2.0 ports for easy and convenient connectivity.
- Processor selection
- Large screen size with full high resolution
- High quality graphics
- Easy Connectivity
- Average battery life
- Buy Here: Amazon
ASUS F512DA-EB51 VivoBook 15 Thin & Light Laptop 15.6" Full HD AMD R5-3500U Quad-Core Processor 8GB DDR4 RAM 256GB PCIe SSD AMD Radeon Vega 8 Graphics Windows 10 Home Gray
- 15.6" NanoEdge 4-sided FHD display with a stunning 88% screen-to-body ratio
- Powerful AMD Ryzen 5 3500U quad-core processor (2MB cache, up to 3.6GHz)
- AMD Radeon Vega 8 discrete graphics with Windows 10 Home
- 8GB DDR4 RAM and 256GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD
- Ergonomic backlit keyboard with fingerprint sensor activated via Windows Hello.
Best laptop for cricut maker design space 2022 - Acer Aspire 5
Our fourth pick is the Acer Aspire 5 laptop, which easily beats the Cricut Explore and Maker tools. It has a slim design with a 15.6-inch screen that provides plenty of room to work.
It has 4GB of DDR4 RAM and a 128GB SSD. While these specs may be lower than our previous picks, they meet the minimum requirements for both Cricut models. While this laptop may not perform as professionally as some of the other laptops on this list, it is more than capable of running the right software and connecting to Cricut.
This laptop also features a backlit keyboard and has a moderately long battery life of up to 7.5 hours. It claims to be able to handle any job, no matter how challenging, and its narrow bezel screen delivers sharp, high-resolution images. It also features Acer BlueLightShield to keep your eyes relaxed during a long day at work.
- Meets the minimum requirements for Cricut.
- Acer BlueLightShield to prevent eye strain.
- Backlit keyboard helps with low-light typing
- May be slightly slower than other laptops
Acer Aspire 5 Slim Laptop 15.6" Full HD IPS Display AMD Ryzen 3 3200U Vega 3 Graphics 4GB DDR4 128GB SSD Backlit Keyboard Windows 10 in S Mode A515-43-R19L Silver
- AMD Ryzen 3 3200U dual-core processor (up to 3.5 GHz); 4 GB DDR4 memory; 128 GB PCIe NVMe SSD
- 15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) LED-backlit widescreen IPS display; AMD Radeon Vega 3 Mobile Graphics
- 1 USB 3. 1 Gen 1 port, 2 USB 2.0 ports, and 1 HDMI port with HDCP support.
- 802.11ac WiFi; Backlit keyboard; Up to 7.5 hours of battery life.
- Windows 10 in S mode. Maximum power supply: 65W.
Best computer for cricut maker - Lenovo Ideapad 3
Our fifth and final pick on this list is the Lenovo Ideapad 3. Lenovo laptops are great for those who work from home and are also compatible with Cricut Explore and Maker due to their fast and fast performance.
This laptop has a slightly smaller 14-inch screen, but it also has narrow bezels for better viewing and less screen clutter. These are AMD Ryzen 5 3500U processors with Radeon graphics, providing high performance for everyday tasks. This machine can easily work with Cricut technologies including Cricut Design Space.
The Lenovo Ideapad 3 also features Q-Control, which allows you to switch to Smart Cooling Mode and easily switch between fast, high-quality performance and silent battery-saving mode. It can also easily connect via Bluetooth 4.1, so you can use your Cricut wirelessly if you like.
- High and fast performance
- Narrow bezels for better viewing
- High quality graphics
- Easy connection via Bluetooth
- Smaller screen
Lenovo IdeaPad 3 14" Laptop 14" FHD 1920 x 1080 Display AMD Ryzen 5 3500U Processor 8GB DDR4 RAM 256GB SSD AMD Radeon Vega 8 Graphics Narrow Panel Windows 10 81W0003QUS Abyss Blue
- AMD Ryzen 5 3500U mobile processors with Radeon Graphics deliver powerful performance for everyday tasks
- Dopoundsy Audio delivers crystal-clear audio, while the 14" FHD screen and narrow side panels provide a larger viewing area and less clutter.
- Fast and quiet Wi-Fi th Q-control - Easily switch between fast and high performance and quiet battery saving mode.
- Easy connectivity with Bluetooth 4.1, up to 2x2 Wi-Fi 5, three USB ports and HDMI
- Maintain your privacy with a physical webcam shutter. You will enjoy privacy right at your fingertips.
Best laptop for cricut design space 2022
Choosing the best laptop to use with Cricut Explore or Maker is not an easy task without all the necessary information. There are many different laptops available on the market, and not all of them will suit what you are looking for.
One aspect of a portable computer that you need to consider is its processor, also known as the CPU. The processor is an essential component of any laptop as it provides the processing power the laptop needs to run. The more powerful your processor, the faster you can complete tasks and run programs. If you’re just using your laptop for the Cricut software, you can choose a laptop with a moderately good processor.
However, if you plan to use other programs such as Adobe Illustrator for design work, you may need a better processor that can process the program more efficiently. A budget processor might work, but a better one will run smoother. The last thing you want is to buy a new laptop and find that it can’t properly run the software you need to use.
Best laptop for Cricut Explore Air 2
Another component to consider is memory or RAM. If you’re running multiple programs at the same time, or have a lot of things open on your laptop, you’ll need more memory.
Cricut itself requires your laptop to have at least 4GB of RAM to function, but you should ideally aim for more than the bare minimum. This will allow you to run more applications at the same time. Some laptops let you increase the amount of RAM so you can get one with 4GB and add more if needed.
The display should also be adequate, especially if you’re using your laptop for designing before using Cricut. The screen resolution is likely to be higher than the Cricut minimum requirement of 1024 x 769 pixels.
Screen resolution is the number of pixels on the screen, and the more pixels there are, the better the quality will be. You should consider a high definition screen as this will make your designs more accurate when translating them from screen to page.
The amount of memory you need for your laptop will depend on how much you need to store on disk. A solid state drive, commonly referred to as an SSD, will perform better than a hard drive. You will be able to access files and start your laptop much faster.
Cheapest laptop for Cricut Design Space
It’s worth noting that photos take up a lot of space, and if you upload a lot of graphics to cut them with Cricut, you’ll need more storage space. You can also use an external hard drive that connects to your laptop via a USB port if you’re short on space, but it’s often easier to keep everything in one place on your laptop.
Connectivity is required to connect your laptop to Cricut Explore or Cricut Maker. You will need an available USB port or Bluetooth connection. The new USB 3.0 can provide a more reliable and faster connection.
If you don’t plan on sitting with your laptop plugged in all day, you need to consider how long the battery will last. This is especially important if you want to take your laptop with you, as you may not always have access to an outlet to charge the battery. . You should consider a laptop with a battery that lasts a long time and can also charge quickly.
What is the best computer for a Cricut
It can probably be the 2 in 1 laptop, which is is one device that works as both a laptop and a tablet. They usually either have a detachable screen that can be used as a tablet, or they convert and can be folded into a tablet.
Can I use a Chromebook with Cricut Maker?
The quick answer to this question is no. Cricut Design Space on a laptop requires a Windows or Mac operating system. The Chromebook runs Google’s own operating system, which is not compatible with the program you need to use for your Cricut.
Do I need internet access to use Cricut Explore Ait?
If you are using Design Space on your laptop, you will need a reliable internet connection. However, Cricut is currently working on a standalone desktop version.
Software for Cricut Maker
Go to design.cricut.com on your desktop or laptop and sign in with your Cricut ID. To download Design Space, follow the prompts on the screen.
If you are using an iOS or Android mobile device, search for Cricut Design Space in the App Store (iOS) or Google Play (Android) and download the Cricut Design Space app. Then just sign in with your Cricut ID and design!
What is included in the Cricut Explore package?
- Cricut Explore 3 car
- Finely ground Premium blade and blade body (pre-installed in clamp B)
- Accessory adapter (pre-installed in clamp A)
- Quick Guide
- Safety document
- Warranty Document
- USB cable
- Adapter and power cable
- Materials for Trial Cutting
- Additional materials