- Web browser: you need a web browser interface to run the tool.
- PHP scripting language: you need a server side language.
- Apache web server: you need a web server to store phpMyAdmin files.
- MySQL or MariaDB database: you needs a database to manage application data.
- Manages all user level permissions.
- Executes SQL queries, batch queries, triggers, events, stored procedures , functions to display relevant data results.
- It performs all data-related operations such as create, read, edit, delete, view, change structure, schema, and search.
- It also provides ways to import, export and download text file data.
- It exports data in various formats such as CSV, XML, PDF, Word documents, Latex, Spreadsheet, Excel, and many more.
- It supports complex queries and SQL query bookmarks.
- It can also optimize, repair, modify tables and views.
- It also supports InnoDB, foreign keys and MySQLi.
- It provides a convenient graphical interface for accessing data related to website.
- It can provide a PDF graphical layout of the database.
- It is very flexible with other operating system.
- It can handle complex queries using Query for example.
- It provides administration of multiple servers.
- It can manage multiple servers at the same time.
- It’s very easy to set up the tool.
- The GUI is very user-friendly and straightforward for developers and users.
- Since it is a web tool, it can be accessed from any computer system.
- It is an intuitive web interface that runs on any server.
- It is advantage over the console as many tasks such as cutting, copying and executing queries are made very easy thanks to the graphical user interface.
- This provides an automatic MySQL backup facility.
- It does not require network connection because it is installed on a machine that already has MySQL Server installed.
- This provides the maximum level of security and data efficiency for your client.
- Supported by the multilingual community.
- Download the latest phpMyAdmin .
- After the files are extracted during the download process, they are saved in the folder C: / xampp / phpMyAdmin.
- The configuration settings can be changed in the config.inc.php file, located in the above location. Other system settings can also be changed in the file.
- Administrators have full rights to create new users, delete users, and change privileges for old users.
- For a specific database, you can define permissions for any user and manage user group accounts.
- Database Server
- Database Username
- Database Password
You can customize the language, themes, font size in the section of the appearance settings . If necessary, you can also change the information about the database server data. The entire list of databases can be seen on the left side of the screen. You can select the database you want to work with from the list. Once expanded, all tables in the selected database can be viewed.
The phpMyAdmin tool allows you to check the status of your MySQL server by clicking the Status ". Remember to select a specific database to check the status.
Here you can find information about all traffic your server received and sent while the MySQL server is running. It also shows the maximum number of concurrent connections and failed attempts. If you’re using a shared hosting plan, chances are your numbers won’t make much sense. All of this information helps you determine how much bandwidth you are using, since you are not the only one using the server.phpMyAdmin | Database information access:you can see the information_schema database on the left side of the screen. It is a database that stores all the information of all other databases, such as database name, table name, column data type, access rights, and so on. It is an embedded database designed to provide information about the entire database system. The information_schema table is automatically populated with the MySQL database server.
phpMyAdmin | Create Database:The user can create a database on the phpMyAdmin server. Just click on the Databases tab, you have the option to Create Database input. Enter an appropriate name for the database in the input field and click the Create button. PhpMyAdmin will create tables that will be added to the newly created database.
You can add as many tables as required in one specific selected database using the section “ Create table ”, and then select the number of columns required for any table.
PhpMyAdmin will allow you to upload the SQL file to your server. Click on the " Import " tab on the top screen and it will allow you to select a file from anywhere. It helps in creating the database or tables as written in the imported file.
Note. In the same way, you can also export any table or a database as a file using the " Export " tab.phpMyAdmin | Executing an SQL query.Let’s walk through the steps to execute an SQL query on the selected database.
- On the left side of the screen, select the database to work with. The structure of the database can be seen after selection.
- Click the SQL tab in the top bar to open the editor where you can write queries.
- Write the query in the SQL editor.
- You can also write multiple queries with a semicolon (;) separating the different queries.
- Click the Go button to execute the request. If the request is successful, you will receive a success message.