Our Waltham-based DevOps team is a small group of extremely passionate engineers primarily tasked with developing and maintaining the infrastructure software which drives our dev labs. We collaborate closely across functional teams to ensure the success of the Product engineering teams by building new features into our home-grown tools with the goal of boosting efficiency.
We are looking for a self-directed engineer to join our DevSecOps team located in Waltham, MA! Ideal candidate is proactive, highly self-motivated, very comfortable with ambiguity, and can work in a fast-paced environment. The position is for a python developer for a web-based Django application.
- Design features for inter-connected Python applications.
- Implement new features for Django and python apps.
- Debug, triage, and fix defects in highly connected python applications.
- Maintain CI/CD pipeline in Jenkins for the python application to deploy updates to production.
- Engage with end users to determine pain points and communicate updates to our Python apps.
- Maintaining the Linux production environments running these applications.
- Experience writing and maintain Python applications.
- Experience working in the Django framework.
- Experience developing against RESTful APIs.
- Very comfortable in Linux environment.
- Understand git and gitflow processes
- Excellent communication skills
- Bonus experience: Kubernetes and Containerization.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what`s now to what`s next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we`d love to hear from you.
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don`t meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge
Job published 2022-05-03
Python Developer position at Hitachi in Waltham, MA.
How much professional earns at Hitachi?
The proposed salary for position at Hitachi is Not disclosed.
Python Developer responsibilities at Hitachi
According to the common industry standard, specialist is in charge for the following activities.
Required qualifications at Hitachi
To be disscussed with successful candidate