The NMG Assortment Assessment team is seeking a smart, motivated person to join us as a Senior Strategy Associate and drive innovative and data-driven ways to connect our product offering to our customers’ changing needs. Beyond just focusing on our assortment strategy, you’ll partner closely with merchant leaders to put your recommendations into action and help define new ways of working, strategic frameworks, and measurement tactics that best serve our customers.
As Senior Associate, you’ll be able to use your diverse skills—your strategic mindset to see things differently, your proficiency at solving problems with data, your collaborative nature and ability to translate recommendations into actions. Our team values professional development and mentorship so we expect that you’ll be able to strengthen those skills and develop new ones. Bring your relentless curiosity, analytical rigor, and passion for retail, and well make sure you thrive at Nordstrom.
- Generate insights and recommendations about the breadth and depth of apparel, footwear, and accessories we offer to best serve Nordstrom & Rack customers
- Provide project management support to merchants partnering with cross-functional teams to bring new assortment strategies and retail concepts to life
- Create recommendations for merchandising categories to achieve the best results for our customers and our business (e.g., Nordstrom is a boots destination! I got a great deal on my favorite workout gear at the Rack!) and work cross-functionally to make the assortment show up for customers in novel, engaging ways on our Nordstrom and Rack websites, and in Nordstrom and Rack stores
- Provide thought leadership and creative problem-solving skills for tackling complex, often ambiguous challenges that will have a lasting impact on Nordstroms ability to offer the right product, in the right place, at the right time for every customer
- Partner with Merchandising executives to recommend timelines and deliverables for initiatives that are determining the next best action for our organization to take
- Synthesize analyses and recommendations into materials that can be shared with company executives, partner stakeholders, and the teams executing on the strategies your work has informed
- Support ad hoc data and analysis requests and advise the merchant leaders driving the key initiatives innovating how we connect to our customers, the way work with our brand partners, the tools and processes we use, and how we support the heart of our merchant teams - our people
- Go beyond the data analysis—partner with the merchandising teams to rollout your recommendations. Make it real and see the results
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Adaptability and the willingness to take on complex problems as they arise
- Working understanding of retail math concepts and financial analysis
- Strong quantitative skills and an ability to articulate insights from data
- Awareness of or interest in retail industry innovations and fashion trends
- Collaborative mindset and proven track record of stakeholder management
- Strong proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- 2 + years of experience with advanced data platforms and tools (SQL, Python, R, Tableau)
- Relevant work experience in retail (merchandising, store selling, supply chain)
- 4 + years experience in merchandising, experience in retail operations (e.g., store selling/management, supply chain), or with a leading management consulting firm (e.g., Bain, BCG, McKinsey, Deloitte) required
We’ve got you covered…
Our employees are our most important asset and that’s reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
- Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points...
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified at www.nordstrom.com.
© 2022 Nordstrom, Inc
Current Nordstrom employees: To apply, log into Workday, click the Careers button and then click Find Jobs.
Job published 2022-05-19
Strategy Associate Senior position at Nordstrom Inc in Seattle, WA.
How much professional earns at Nordstrom Inc?
The proposed salary for position at Nordstrom Inc is Not disclosed.
Strategy Associate Senior responsibilities at Nordstrom Inc
According to the common industry standard, specialist is in charge for the following activities.
Required qualifications at Nordstrom Inc
To be disscussed with successful candidate