We`re looking for someone to join the Media Manipulation Monitor (M3) team who is passionate about deciphering complex information operations (IO) for discerning US government and Fortune 50 clients. M3 decodes foreign governments’ manipulation of the global information space, and we need a language- and data-enabled Subject Matter Expert to help our clients make sense of the Russian Government’s IO in Europe, the Middle East, and other global targets.
As a Junior / Intermediate / Advanced Subject Matter Expert at M3, you will be responsible for curating and analyzing signal-rich data to extract actionable insights about Russian government foreign IO. You’ll bring your world-class expertise in local language, social media landscape, and data analytics to help solve some of the most important foreign policy questions facing the US Government today. You`ll work with me and the rest of the M3 Subject Matter Experts to deliver valuable analysis in written and spoken formats to our list of elite clients.
You`ll also work with members of our Data Science, Engineering, and Product teams to constantly iterate on and improve our collection, data analytics, and content production processes. At Two Six, we strive to solve problems collaboratively, innovate and respond to feedback, and include, thank, celebrate, and be kind to our team members. In this role, you will embody these values, working on your own and with your team to find creative solutions and tackle challenging problems with cutting-edge technology.
That said, we do not expect our SMEs to be expert coders. We train all SMEs in quantitative methods and AI/ML tools, and create space for them to hone their ability to work with complex technical systems. If you are a curious and motivated regional expert who is not intimidated by big data—we want you to work with us.
This position is fully remote, just like the rest of the M3 team. Our normal business hours tend to align with the East Coast, but we are flexible and we work with teammates and clients around the world.
In this position, you’ll:
- Identify and analyze how narratives and propaganda campaigns spread on social media platforms in target regions and languages.
- Use our internal data platform and proprietary data science tools to identify IO trends and anomalous events and interpret these findings for clients.
- Write reports, ranging from time sensitive alerts to in-depth analysis on current events.
- Communicate your analysis to our customer base, and act as a customer success advocate to continuously improve the quality of our product.
- Research and explore new data sources in English and relevant regional languages.
- Work with our data scientists and engineers to develop novel technology that improves Thresher’s capacity to turn data into actionable insights.
- Deliver insights on existing initiatives and come up with innovative product growth opportunities.
- Represent analytic excellence and consistently challenge our team’s assumptions.
Here are some of the skills you’ll need to dive into the role:
- Professional fluency in reading at least one regional language required, preferably Russian.
- Deep knowledge of Russian and European cultures, including modern histories and societies.
- Significant in-region experience and a nuanced understanding of regional social media.
- Knowledge of Russia and European countries’ relations with foreign powers, especially the US.
- Strong experience writing clear and concise reports.
- Ability to communicate about complicated topics with a variety of audiences with differing levels of expertise.
- Demonstrated initiative and problem solving skills.
- Well organized and efficient, great with deadlines.
- Basic technical proficiency (e.g., adept in Microsoft Office, Google Docs suite).
- You do not need to have data analytics or engineering experience for this job, but you should show interest and capacity to learn new skills as you will be working closely with technical teams.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
Other nice-to-haves include:
Our Subject Matter Experts come from a wide range of backgrounds and expertise. We’d love to hear what makes you uniquely able to serve our customers. Some of the qualities that might help you stand out include:
- A passion for communicating findings visually with charts, graphics, and visually pleasing templates.
- Love of solving problems with data, easily turning to Python or R to scrape, clean, and visualize data. Pride in forming complex boolean queries to isolate answers.
- A “futurist” in analysis, with exposure to elasticsearch/ELK Stack, machine learning, or natural language processing.
- Broad exposure to the US government and a passion for mission.
- Experience helping large organizations navigate a complex information environment.
- Collaboration with teams of diverse specialties and a love for integrating the best each brings to the table.
Security Clearance Requirement
- Eligibility to obtain a government clearance if required/needed.
- 100% Remote
Two Six Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at Two Six Technologies without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, physical and mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, veteran, marital, pregnancy or citizenship status; or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law.
Two Six Technologies Covid-19 Vaccination Policy requires employees to be fully vaccinated. Exceptions to this policy are only granted to those with a company-approved medical or religious accommodation. Prospective or new employees will be required to adhere to this policy and submit proof of vaccination or have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Two Six Technologies and require an accommodation, please contact Human Resources at Two Six Technologies by sending an email to [email protected] Information provided will be kept confidential and used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
Job published 2022-05-19
Europe and Russia SME position at in Arlington, VA.
How much professional earns at ?
The proposed salary for position at is Not disclosed.
Europe and Russia SME responsibilities at
According to the common industry standard, specialist is in charge for the following activities.
Required qualifications at
To be disscussed with successful candidate