LTA Research and Exploration, is seeking a motivated Senior Mechanical Test Technician to help test hardware for an experimental ‘lighter than air’ flight vehicle. You will work within a dynamic engineering and test team to lead test campaigns, provide recommendations, and implement innovative solutions for the test design of large experimental flight vehicles. We believe in fast-cycle development and approach to flight hardware development with the motto "build a little, test a little, learn a lot". This unique position allows for hands-on participation through all phases of development, from concept to flight of an experimental aerospace vehicle.
- Supporting engineering in all testing tasks as required
- Conducting component, assembly, and systems testing on rigid structures, soft structures, and electrical equipment
- Performing calibration tests under real-world conditions
- Examining structures, materials, samples, hardware, and instrumentation for flaws or defects
- Monitoring and manipulating instrumentation and processes used to conduct tests
- Identifying the root cause of mechanical and electrical issues, performing repairs as required
- Assembling, calibrating, improving, and performing maintenance on machines and software used to perform tests
- Compiling data, providing detailed feedback about test progress & issues to engineers
- Creating & maintaining an inventory of test equipment, hardware, and test samples
- Maintaining a clean and organized work area
- Working in a safe manner, per company, local, state, and federal policies and regulations
- Training other employees in the testing protocol as required
- Other projects or duties as assigned
- 5+ years experience in operating mechanical test equipment: operating hydraulic & electromechanical UTM’s; setting up extensometers, temperature gauges, and other transducers; applying strain gages; collecting & compiling test data
- A.S. in Engineering Technology or related field
- High attention to detail
- Comfort conveying findings in a written and verbal manner
- Flexibility to new situations
- Quick thinking in dynamic environments
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel
- Leadership/management experience
- Familiarity with SOLIDWORKS
- Familiarity with Python / MATLAB
What We Offer!
- Relocation assistance
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance through a PPO plan (100% premium paid for individuals, ~70% for dependents)
- Company-paid life, AD&D, long-term disability, and short-term disability insurances
- Parental leave
- Generous PTO + 10 paid holidays
- 401(k) matching up to 6%
- Lunch and snacks provided every day, including accommodations for all dietary restrictions
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Yearly education stipend to obtain certifications or take classes in your field
- Mental health benefit
- Fun events, swag, and the occasional airship ride
- An opportunity to change the world and work with some of the smartest and the most talented experts from different fields
- Criminal background check clearance
- Drug Test clearance wherever applicable
- Fully vaccinated against COVID
LTA Research & Exploration welcomes all candidates to apply including those with limited experience. We understand that candidates with a growth mindset and passion for working on the next chapter in aviation advancement can outweigh experience alone. We celebrate diverse origins and journeys and understand their importance in developing new technology. Rooted in our humanitarian mission, we want to serve the entire globe and have a team that represents those we wish to serve.
Lighter Than Air is an equal opportunity employer.*_ All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other discriminatory factors prohibited by law.
Job Type: Full-time
Job published 2022-05-13
Senior Mechanical Test Technician position at in Akron, OH.
How much professional earns at ?
The proposed salary for position at is Not disclosed.
Senior Mechanical Test Technician responsibilities at
According to the common industry standard, specialist is in charge for the following activities.
Required qualifications at
To be disscussed with successful candidate