Symetra has an exciting new opportunity to join our Workflow Technology team as a Software Developer!
About the role
Symetra is looking for a talented and driven Software Developer to join the Workflow IT team to help develop and modernize business-critical workflow processes that are used in many areas of the organization. We are looking for a creative technologist that is cloud-focused and will challenge the status quo and look at all opportunities to modernize our applications, processes, and delivery with a focus on high-quality deliverables and efficiency.
This individual will be expected to partner with others in estimating development efforts based on high-level requirements; and work effectively with business and technical subject matter experts, other developers, systems analysts, quality assurance analysts, and third-party vendors ensuring that deliverables are met.
What you will do
- Develop and maintain mission-critical business processes. Design, implement, and document cloud-native systems. Perform integration/configuration as required. Plan and coordinate DevOps tasks between various technical environments and coordinate within large system implementations. Accurately estimate and deliver assigned tasks.
- Provides day-to-day production support. Perform urgent problem resolution, including 24x7 on-call support.
- Analyze functional application design and develop/test detailed programs for complex components. Participate in requirements definition, design walkthroughs, and code reviews.
- Utilize appropriate application development tools and methodologies.
- Utilize best practice automated testing and DevOps practice.
Why Work at Symetra
Here’s what some of our employees have to say about why they work at Symetra:
“At Symetra, you will find an environment where leaders, peers, and subordinates all work together. A place that values all your skills, whether academic, personal, or functional.” Alex A. Corporate Records Manager
“We`re big enough to make an impact on the country, but small enough to care and know who you are and what you`re contributing to the organization. All new ideas are welcome!” Stephanie F. – VP Customer Service & Operations
What we offer you
Benefits and Perks
We don’t take a “one-size-fits-all” approach when it comes to our employees. Our programs are designed to make your life better both at work and at home.
- Flexible full-time or hybrid telecommuting arrangements
- Plan for your future with our 401(k) plan and take advantage of immediate vesting and company matching up to 6%
- Paid time away including vacation and sick time, flex days and ten paid holidays
- Give back to your community and double your impact through our company matching
Want more details? Want more details? Check out our Symetra Benefits Overview
Salary Range: $78,900 - $131,500 plus eligibility for annual bonus program.
Job published 2022-05-14
Software Developer - Remote position at Symetra in Remote - Bellevue, WA 98004.
How much professional earns at Symetra?
The proposed salary for position at Symetra is $78,900 - $131,500 a year.
Software Developer - Remote responsibilities at Symetra
According to the common industry standard, specialist is in charge for the following activities.
Required qualifications at Symetra
To be disscussed with successful candidate