Working at 55ip means standing at the intersection of finance and technology-and at the cutting-edge of wealth management. We`ve been making rapid progress on our mission: to break down barriers to financial progress for financial advisors and their clients. Our Boston- and Mumbai-based team has built and brought to market a tax-smart investment strategy engine delivering an intuitive experience and intelligent automation. Driven by strategic partnerships with world-class asset management firms, such as BlackRock and J.P. Morgan, we`ve experienced breakthrough growth over the last year. Today, over 110 financial advisor firms with $28 billion in assets (and counting) are using 55ip.
If we look a little different, it`s because we are. We`re entrepreneurs, product pros, investment scientists, and customer advocates who aim to deliver an exceptional experience-and have fun doing it. Like lots of companies, we`ve got a deep bench of smart, talented, creative people, but our superpower is something else: hustle. That extra push when others would quit, that new approach nobody else has tried, that ability to be thrive at 30,000 feet or dig into the details-and to do it all with humility, empathy, and respect. As we enter an exciting new chapter as a separately-branded subsidiary of J.P. Morgan, we`re looking for top talent-with hustle-to join us on our path to becoming an industry standard.
Quant Developer - Quant Platform
55ip`s Head of Quantitative R&D is looking for a software developer to implement, test, and maintain the quant platform to run large scale historical, forward-looking simulations, and producing data visualizations. The ideal candidate has a background in software development with exposure to building back testers and simulation frameworks. The candidate will be motivated, a problem solver, a team player, and an effective developer, looking to make a significant impact.
- The end-to-end development and maintenance of the Quant platform
- Automate processes using tools such as Jenkins
- Investigate datasets and implement data quality checks
- Participate in agile development practices
- Take part in code reviews ensuring quality meets highest level of standards
- Develop software using high quality standards and best practices, conduct thorough end-to-end unit testing, and provide support during testing and post go-live
- Collaborate with technology teams to ensure appropriate requirements, standards, and integration
- Evaluate and leverage emerging computational technologies
- Ideally 5-7 years relevant experience
- Proficient in Python, Pandas, Numpy, GitHub/Bit-Bucket, Jira, SQL, and PostgreSQL
- Experience with R-Shiny and/or Tableau is a nice to have
- Clear understanding of OOPs and software design constructs within a Python context
- Expertise in all aspects of software development lifecycle, especially Agile Scrum.
- Exposure to financial capital markets data and trading applications is a nice to have
- Bachelor`s degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science
- Strong communication (written and oral) and analytical problem-solving skills
- Strong sense of attention to detail, pride in delivering high quality work and willingness to learn
- Agility: Able to shift gears and react quickly to timely requests
- Hustle: Self-motivated, proactive, responsive-ability to think strategically but also willing to dig into the details and tactics
55ip is a financial technology company whose purpose is to break down barriers to financial progress. Wealth management enterprises and financial advisors use 55ip`s tax-smart investment strategy engine to dramatically improve their efficiency and effectiveness. 55ip`s intuitive experience and intelligent automation elevate portfolio design and delivery, helping advisors save time and drive better outcomes for their clients. At the heart of the experience is 55ip`s ActiveTax® Technology, which includes tax-smart transitions, management, and withdrawals. 55ip is becoming the industry standard by connecting to platforms where advisors manage their client accounts, enhancing workflow and reducing the need to move the assets. More information is available at https://55-ip.com/
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world`s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants` and employees` religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the "WELL Health-Safety Rating" for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Employees are expected to follow the Firm`s current COVID-19 or other infectious disease health and safety requirements, including local requirements. Requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm`s vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
Job published 2022-05-16
55ip - Quant Developer - Associate position at JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. in Quant Developer - Associate - Boston, MA.
How much professional earns at JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.?
The proposed salary for position at JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. is Not disclosed.
55ip - Quant Developer - Associate responsibilities at JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
According to the common industry standard, specialist is in charge for the following activities.
Required qualifications at JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
To be disscussed with successful candidate