Job ID: 8218
At the Space Dynamics Laboratory, we take pride in and highly value our employees. We are seeking mid-level software engineers to work with an agile approach on the next generation of satellite ground systems supporting national defense.
SDL offers competitive salaries and fantastic benefits, including:
- Flexible work schedules that fit your style-every Friday off, every other Friday off, possible work from home days, or simply traditional hours
- Generous paid leisure and sick leave, ensuring you never miss a special event
- A 14.2% employer retirement contribution into a 401(a) account—no matching required!
- Favorable company locations with average commute times of less than 15 minutes
- Utah State University undergraduate tuition discounts of 50%, full reimbursement for graduate tuition, and free course audits for employees and dependents meeting eligibility requirements
- High-quality, low-cost health, dental, and life insurance
- A great, highly educated team that works together to solve some of the most fascinating problems on (and off) our planet
- We are a growing company that maintains both a family feel and high retention rate with over 90% job satisfaction
- Relocation assistance available for most positions
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related discipline
- 2+ years professional experience in software development
- Experience with C#, C++, or Java
- Experience in the application of object-oriented software design patterns and principles
- Experience with common software development practices, including:
- Agile/Scrum or similar methodologies
- Version control and continuous integration
- Testing strategies and code testability
- Cross-platform implementations (Linux and Windows)
- Must be a U.S. citizen and be able to obtain a U.S. Government Security Clearance
- Some occasional travel may be required
Let us know in your application materials if you possess the following:
- Strong understanding of messaging frameworks and communications protocols
- Experience with the development of microservices and/or service-oriented architectures
- Experience designing modular software and communicating/refining designs independently or with a team through whiteboarding, diagrams, UML, etc.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and dynamic scaling
- Experience with cloud technologies and deployment (AWS, AWS GovCloud, Azure, etc.)
- Understanding of cybersecurity threats and mitigation techniques
- Experience with Atlassian management tools (JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, etc.)
- Willingness to learn new programming languages and development environments as needs arise – SQL, Bash, PowerShell, Python, Ruby, and others may show up on a situational basis
- Ability to provide mentoring, leadership, and experience sharing with junior engineers
- Experience with satellite ground or flight systems
- Personal interest in space, space exploration, and space technologies
- Active Top Secret security clearance
SDL supports a variety of missions, including NASA`s vision to reveal the unknown for the benefit of humankind and the Department of Defense`s aim to protect our Nation on the ground, in the air, and in space. Our sensors, satellites, software systems, and science and engineering play an essential role in some important missions you`ve heard of, and others that you haven`t. Join our team in our seventh decade of delivering mission success.
For questions or assistance with the application process or the DoD SkillBridge program, please contact [email protected]
EOE including Disability and Vet
Job published 2022-04-28
Junior Software Engineer position at Space Dynamics Laboratory in Logan, UT 84341.
How much professional earns at Space Dynamics Laboratory?
The proposed salary for position at Space Dynamics Laboratory is Not disclosed.
Junior Software Engineer responsibilities at Space Dynamics Laboratory
According to the common industry standard, specialist is in charge for the following activities.
Required qualifications at Space Dynamics Laboratory
To be disscussed with successful candidate