This is a Hybrid position within our IT Organization. The role will allow employees to work offsite but will also require onsite work based on business needs. The selected candidate will be expected to commute to the innovation center to which they are assigned as their primary GM facility. Relocation may be provided.
We are targeting a start date on or after April1st, 2022 for this position.
In this leadership role you will drives continuous improvement and ensure service delivery not only in your team but to extended teams and organization. You will be expected to have deep understanding ability to drive strategic efforts across multiple teams.
You will be leveraged as a subject matter expert in your technical area. Additionally, you will build and maintain working relationships with team members, vendors, and other groups. Prepares reports for upper management as requested. Familiar with a variety of the field`s concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Leads and directs the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
As you lead your team, you will influence across organization, not just your team. Bringing forward solutions to problems and driving solutions across the environment.
Principle duties and Responsibilities
- Configure and support DELL EMC, HP and NetApp storage products
- Participate in the continual review and improvement of existing policies and procedures in compliance with GM Storage Management best practices
- Perform technical reviews of peer-initiated changes
- Participate in change reviews and execution
- Participate in request triage, validating request detail and working with various project teams.
- Configure and execute capacity reports
- Review capacity and performance data, predicting trends and potential issues.
- Support the ITIL Operational model:Incident, Problem, Release, Change, Configuration Management activities
- Provide SME level guidance to wider storage team.
- Embrace mentorship and training of fellow engineers
- Work with storage architects on new technology analysis and solution design
- Lead Storage Migration and upgrade Strategies
- Perform other duties as required.
Additional Job Description
- 10 plus years` experience DELL EMC or HP storage products.
- Bachelor`s degree in MIS or a related field and or equivalent work experience
- Strong team player, strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills required
- Ability to work in a very large and fast-paced environment
- Goal oriented with high standards for quality and performance
- Experience with DELL EMC Isilon NAS and HP 3PAR Storage frames
- Python coding experience
- Automation process delivery
- Additional experience which would be of value:
- Experience with DELL EMC Networker and Data Domain products
- Experience with Cisco MDS or Brocade SAN architecture.
- Experience with Elastic Storage, S3 connectivity or equivalent
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day - individually and collectively - to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
- Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
- Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
- Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
- Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
- Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
- Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual`s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us [email protected] In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
Job published 2022-04-29
Senior Storage Administrator position at General Motors in Warren, MI.
How much professional earns at General Motors?
The proposed salary for position at General Motors is Not disclosed.
Senior Storage Administrator responsibilities at General Motors
According to the common industry standard, specialist is in charge for the following activities.
Required qualifications at General Motors
To be disscussed with successful candidate