Sonalysts, Inc. is seeking a software engineer with critical thinking and effective communication skills to perform systems and software engineering functions for our weather and flight tracking software. The successful candidate will be a key contributor to the development of our application software across all phases of the system development cycle as well as play a role in our cloud migration.
What you will be doing:
- Work on interesting and challenging projects such as:
- Graphical User Interface (GUI) Design and Implementation.
- Web-based tools for weather and aviation applications.
- Implementing for situation awareness and decision support applications
- Participate in all areas of the software development lifecycle from requirements and design through implementation, test, and deployment.
- Use analytical and problem-solving skills to program in modern programming languages and operating system environments.
- Contributing knowledge of computer science and/or cloud computing to a multidisciplinary team comprised of scientists, developers, engineers, and analysts.
What’s in it for you:
- Opportunity to challenge yourself (learn and grow) intellectually as technologies advance.
- Participate in research of novel and cutting edge technology applications and software solutions.
- Salary ranges between $65,000-$80,000, dependent on experience, qualifications and other relevant business criteria.
- Becoming an integral part of an innovative, employee-owned company, which provides a full range of benefits including paid vacation time, flexible work schedule, tuition reimbursement program, health and dental insurance, life and disability insurance, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), and 401(k) plan
- Must be a U.S. citizen, eligible for a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance*
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related technical discipline.
- 0-3 years of recent software application development experience.
- Experience with at least one modern object oriented programming language (g., Java, Python, and/or C++).
- Possessing an active U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance
- Experience in:
- Software Development Lifecycle
- GUI development
- Cloud services or SAAS application development
- Experience in and/or knowledge of:
- Web application and cloud system development
- Architecture definition and/or software integration
- Object Oriented Design and UML Tools
- Multiple Operating Systems (g., Windows, Linux)
- Multiple development languages
- Software development involving virtualization technology
- Platform- and Browser-independent Development
- Information assurance and system security
- Weather data processing
- Mobile application development
Obtaining a U.S. Government security clearance involves a comprehensive background check. Candidates are eligible for a clearance if they have demonstrated sound financial management (including good credit) over time, are free of criminal records, have limited foreign contacts or ties, and other factors indicative of a position of trust to protect information sensitive to the U.S. Government.
Sonalysts, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, disability, or other basis protected by law.
Sonalysts is a Federal contractor subject to Executive Order 14042, Ensuring COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors (the “EO”). All new employees will be required to present proof they are fully-vaccinated against COVID-19 on the first day of employment. If you receive and decide to accept an offer of employment, but you believe you are entitled to a medical or religious exemption under the specific conditions permitted by the EO, you will be required to notify us as soon as possible, and prior to the beginning of your employment, to start the interactive process and explore what, if any, reasonable accommodations Sonalysts may be able to offer and what effect, if any, these may have on your start date or your employment. Every new employee must meet the requirements of the EO on the first day of employment, either by proof of vaccination or prior approval by Sonalysts of an exemption.
This job is not available to residents of New York City because of local law restrictions there.
Drug Testing Employer
Job published 2022-04-29
Junior Software Engineer position at Sonalysts, Inc. in Waterford, CT 06385.
How much professional earns at Sonalysts, Inc.?
The proposed salary for position at Sonalysts, Inc. is $65,000 - $80,000 a year.
Junior Software Engineer responsibilities at Sonalysts, Inc.
According to the common industry standard, specialist is in charge for the following activities.
Required qualifications at Sonalysts, Inc.
To be disscussed with successful candidate