Troy Medicare is a growing Medicare Advantage company focused on serving Senior populations in underserved communities. We’re searching for a Senior Software Engineer who will work closely with the engineering team, CTO and stakeholders will serve as a critical member of the Troy team to achieve milestones in the key areas of software development, validation, and systems integration for all automated platforms. Building software requires making thousands of little decisions. This is a work-from-home position based anywhere in the United States (preference for EST or CST) and will interface remotely with other team members located across all time zones. We need you to join us in building out mostly greenfield systems. We’re not going to micromanage you. You get a lot of autonomy - as long as you get the direction we should be heading in and know when to slow down and seek input or think carefully. We will be doing the same. So staying in sync while we’re this small is pretty important.
- Educate, mentor and collaborate with engineering team
- Engage with stakeholders by meeting, documenting and communicating
- Design and plan major software systems and components
Troy Medicare started in Concord, North Carolina when our founders saw so many people increasingly unable to afford their prescriptions. Big health insurance companies had become more expensive and less transparent in their pricing and benefits. Troy`s mission is to remove the BS in healthcare. We are striving to decrease the overall cost of care, be transparent on costs, pay providers fairly, and provide great health care.
Design, plan and implement software systems (50%)
- Mentor and collaborate with engineering team (20%)
- Experiment and research tools and technology (15%)
- Deploy, maintain systems and tooling (DevOps) for running software (10%)
- Work with stakeholders to document and clarify implementation details (5%)
Contribute to all aspects of software design and coding
- Contributing and running company development meetings
- Contributing to planning, design, architecture and other technical meetings
- Contributing to tickets, milestones and epics based on engagements with stakeholders
- Manage codebase and improving coding skills of other software engineers
- Writing and maintaining code
- Monitoring the technical performance of internal systems
- Responding to requests from the development team
- Gathering information from consumers about program functionality
- Conducting development tests and writing reports
- Participating in an on-call rotation for critical system failures
Bachelor’s degree in computer science (or equivalent work experience)
- Knowledge of basic coding languages including HTML, SQL, CSS and on of: Python, Java, Go
- Extensive programming experience
- Experience of databases and operating systems
- Experience working with and deploy software in a cloud environment
- Adept at learning new software and technologies quickly
- Proven communication skills (both verbal and written) with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work in a home based office located within the United States (laptop will be provided)
Internal and external stakeholders communication is effective and responsive
- Contributions to code bases, software engineering process and problem solving
- Break up product briefs, stakeholder feedback and documentation into engineering tickets
- Lead and contribute to engineering discussion, documentation and code bases
Tickets closed (features, capabilities, bugs and or tasks)
- Technical documentation, product documents
- Engagements with stakeholders example: Product Demos
- Lead engineering design and coordination meetings
- Meeting stakeholder needs
Physical: * The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for up to eight hours per day, talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, type on a PC keyboard, handle or feel. The employee is also required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The person must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Travel - Range from once a quarter onsite meetings to once a year post Covid.
Mental/Visual Attention*: The mental/visual attention requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essentials of this job.
The employee must be able to read, analyze and interpret legal, technical and business journals, reports, contracts, leases, bills, company memorandum and other documents. The employee must be able to respond to common inquiries or complaints from internal and external customers, vendors, suppliers, or other members of the business community. The person must be able to effectively present information to various levels of management, technical and various types of administrative personnel.
- The employee must be able to apply mathematical concepts to calculate pay rates, percentages, etc. The person must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. The employee must be able to interpret a variety of financial, statistical, or numerical technical data or reports, contract/legal information and instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Working Conditions: * The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Salary & Benefits:
$120,000 to $140,000 plus health, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), and stock options
Job Type: Full-time
Job published 2022-04-26
Senior Software Engineer position at in Remote.
How much professional earns at ?
The proposed salary for position at is Not disclosed.
Senior Software Engineer responsibilities at
According to the common industry standard, specialist is in charge for the following activities.
Required qualifications at
To be disscussed with successful candidate