Here at Beyond, we are passionate about helping short-term rental property managers and hosts grow their businesses. Backed by the world-class Bessemer Venture Partners, we have grown from a bootstrapped company of a few to the market leader in our category. We attribute our success to our belief that the people are the most important part of a business and our commitment to being a fantastic place to work.
As a Senior Backend Engineer with Beyond, you will have the opportunity to build the next evolution of our SaaS-based product as well as work on new products. Because you will be working with a successful team that is completely remote, excellent coding and communication skills are key. This is a great opportunity for someone to work closely with the entire product life cycle from concept to go-to-market! If you enjoy rolling up your sleeves and jumping in, then read on!
Beyond`s Engineering team believes in:
- Reducing scope - The best way to control progress and test hypotheses is to prevent scope creep;
- Shipping early - The best way to learn early is to ship early. No need to be perfect;
- Iterating and improving - Once we get the feedback we need, we iterate and improve;
- Taking ownership - The code we ship is our responsibility as we know it best;
- Delivering value - By focussing on providing the best customer experience, we improve acquisition and retention and drive revenue.
As our Senior Backend Engineer, you`ll be responsible for:
- Collaborating with your peers from product, design, and engineering on a cross-functional, outcome-based team to craft and deliver on OKRs
- Helping drive your team through large projects autonomously, while continuously assessing and communicating progress and iterating on solutions.
- Collaborating and recommending architectural solutions, while understanding and explaining trade-offs around time to market, structural and functional quality, security, maintainability, resources, and scope.
- Supporting and maintaining the existing code baseline and products.
- Exercising and improving Beyond’s engineering practices such as refactoring, pairing, code reviews, collective code ownership, containers, IaC, CI/CD, observability.
- Leading technical discussions in order to help define the future of the product.
- Communicating in a high-level language with Product about the outcomes, issues, blockers and priorities, in order to provide clarity in all levels about the situations/tasks.
So what kind of person are we looking for in this role? The person who will be successful in this role will be:
- Curious - You are driven to understand how things work or why they don`t. You are interested in finding out how your work impacts our customers and the world they live in.
- Collaborative - You enjoy exploring and committing as a team, you welcome others` ideas, and you value teamwork and team decision-making over being right and having things going your way.
- Result-oriented - You manage the trade-offs between speed and quality and are able to find the right balance. You would rather ship, measure, learn and iterate, rather than coding the perfect component on the first try.
- Resilient - You can adapt and roll up your sleeves to help others. You operate at a stable pace with visibility most of the time and you are ready to embrace change when it happens.
- Communicative - You are able to communicate with your team, stakeholders, and other peers inside Engineering, being able to share ideas, bring different opinions and also give constructive feedback. You are able to translate your thoughts/ideas to technical and non-technical people.
Now that we`ve told you what the job looks like, here are the qualifications we`re looking for in a candidate:
- 5+ years of experience building services in a multi-tenant SaaS environment
- Expertise in Python, Django, SQL, Postgres
- A predisposition for a fast-paced environment where we put an emphasis on delivering value for our customers, while learning, growing, and experimenting
- Leadership profile : ) A willingness to communicate between parts and help reach an agreement/common understanding between them. Use communication skills to translate and flag blockers and opportunities, and also provide alignment within the team!
So what can you expect after you apply? Your application will be personally reviewed by a member of the Beyond hiring team and if there is a match in your experience and the role, you will:
- Have a video conversation with someone on our Recruiting team. This is a high-level conversation about your experience and interest, but also an opportunity for you to learn more about us
- Meet with an Engineering Manager for a deeper dive video conversation
- Complete a Technical Challenge relevant to the role and present it to members of our Engineering team
- Meet with our Chief Technology Officer
We are passionate about cultivating a diverse team so if you think you have what it takes but don`t necessarily meet every point on the job description, please apply anyway!
We are serious about our core values - We Care, We Are On the Same Team, We Inspire Trust, We Go Beyond, We Ship It - if those resonate with you, and you`re ready to work with a team that lives and breathes those values, we want to hear from you.
Beyond offers a wide variety of benefits like: stock options, unlimited PTO, work from home office stipend, private health insurance and more! You can learn more about our benefits by visiting our careers site!
Beyond is committed to building a workplace that attracts humans of all genders, ethnicities, backgrounds, statuses, and lifestyles. At our core, we care about our people and encourage every employee, partner, and applicant to share their whole self with us. We are respectful of and empathetic towards different viewpoints and believe that our ability to help short-term rental managers succeed relies on us building a dynamic and diverse team. Whoever you are, you can Belong @ Beyond.
Job Type: Full-time
Job published 2022-04-23
Senior Backend (Tech lead) EMEA position at in Remote.
How much professional earns at ?
The proposed salary for position at is Not disclosed.
Senior Backend (Tech lead) EMEA responsibilities at
According to the common industry standard, specialist is in charge for the following activities.
Required qualifications at
To be disscussed with successful candidate