LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Join the Information Technology team at New York’s #1-ranked hospital.
At New York-Presbyterian Hospital, Information Technology is at the forefront of our patient experience. As the #1 hospital in New York and #5 in the Nation (U.S. News & World Report), we are committed to excellence in patient care, research, education and community service. Innovative technology, such as telehealth, remote patient monitoring and robotics, drive our initiatives addressing large-scale challenges that will yield better outcomes for patients and their families. Join our team to develop your career while creating solutions and services that will improve the health and well-being of the communities we serve. Start your journey with us today!
Senior Business Intelligence Developer – Analytics
The Sr. BI Developer develops and maintains reports and related data extracts from the Enterprise EMR system, including inpatient ambulatory clinical, billing, scheduling, and registration systems. They will also answer questions, sets expectations, plans, and implement products and services to meet user, enterprise reporting, and data analysis needs. Ideal candidates will be detail-oriented, passionate about using data to solve problems in healthcare, and able to think creatively and plan strategically. Key responsibilities for this position include working with stakeholders to understand project goals and requirements, extracting data elements from various sources, designing and building structured tables, and working with team members to ensure we are delivering timely, accurate, and robust data and insights to our partners.
Essential Job Duties:
- Develops and distributes management, drill-down, automated and visual reporting in a timely manner; prioritizing multiple requests and maintaining a support relationship with all users.
- Provides design support for the development of business intelligence solutions; including but not limited to self-service analytics, dashboards and interactive reports.
- Manages scheduled and ad-hoc execution of processes and reports, as well as, diagnosing and ﬁxing any report-related issues.
- Maintains and promotes advanced knowledge of industry standards and best practices; ensures all deliverables adhere to HIPAA and IRB policies and procedures. Utilizes knowledge of unique data, forecasting/analysis methods and visualization capabilities to enhance outcomes and provide insightful suggestions to stakeholders.
- Participates in business requirement meetings to gather objectives, required elements and present experienced solutions.
- Researches, designs and develops innovative analysis and reports/dashboards to further enhance enterprise and department`s capabilities, including but not limited to patient care and quality improvement.
- Maintain a favorable work environment for all team members and clients.
- Represents the department team in user meetings and performs project management duties as needed. Work with other departments to understand their needs.
- Be a part of a team that is devoted to NYP quality analytics.
- Be a leader in the Population Health analytics team and able to guide other team members to increase their technical knowledge and skills.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- Degree or major in Computer Science
- Master’s Degree
- Prior experience with Epic Clarity data models, or other clinical or financial data systems
- Strong understanding of data design, architecture, relational databases and data modeling
- Proficient in Python
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Epic Module Certification (Cogito) obtained within six months of employment
- Two or more years of previous work related experience
- Proficient in MS SQL database, T-SQL scripting, and database modeling
- Experience with data visualization – Tableau
- Experience with data warehouses and health care EMR systems
- Clear demonstration of technical, analytical, organizational, problem solving and communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail, patience and a positive, customer centric attitude
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America`s Best Hospitals 2021-2022." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2021 "Employees` Choice Awards: Best Places to Work" - Glassdoor
- 2021 " Best Workplaces in Health Care & Biopharma" - Fortune
- 2020 "America`s Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2020 "Working Mother 100 Best Companies" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Companies for Multicultural Women" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Workplace for Men in Nursing" - American Association for Men in Nursing
Discover why we`re #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.
Job published 2022-05-14
Senior Business Intelligence Developer – Analytics position at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital in Manhattan, NY 10065.
How much professional earns at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital?
The proposed salary for position at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is Not disclosed.
Senior Business Intelligence Developer – Analytics responsibilities at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
According to the common industry standard, specialist is in charge for the following activities.
Required qualifications at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
To be disscussed with successful candidate