Systems Administrator, Information Technology
The Middle East Broadcasting Networks, Inc. (MBN) is seeking a System Administrator for our IT Department at our Headquarters office in Springfield, Virginia. MBN is a non-profit grantee of the federal government that directly communicates with the people of the Middle East and North Africa through television, radio, and digital media. MBN`s mission is to provide objective, accurate, and relevant news and information to the people of the Middle East about the region, the world, and the United States in support of U.S. public diplomacy.
The System Administrator is responsible for providing information technology support to include the full spectrum of enterprise systems including servers, desktops and digital broadcast systems as they relate to both a physical and virtual infrastructure. Also includes, installation, configuration, test, production, optimization and escalated support of MBN’s broadcast related systems. 24 x 7 365 days a year. Schedule Changes based on need.
The primary duties and Responsibilities of the Systems Administrator include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting of all Physical and Virtual Enterprise systems and infrastructure.
- Installing approved network OS patches.
- MS Exchange administration and support.
- Filing and printing service.
- Remoting office support.
- Knowledge of Group Policies and Scripting
- Window Server (2008 , 2012) Server Administration
- Enterprise backups and recoveries.
- VoIP, telephone and voice mail support.
- Full desktop support extended to: applications, desktop troubleshooting and maintenance, VPN, roaming and local profiles, etc.
- Back-end desktop bench testing, workstation image building, application troubleshooting and maintenance, creating and disabling user accounts.
- Enterprise application support and administration (e.g., Email, Deltek, SQL Server, Anti-Virus, Blackberry, Data Backup and Recovery, etc.).
- Windows server cluster administration.
- SAN support, administration and configuration.
- Macintosh server and desktop support.
Broadcast (TV, Radio and Digital) system support and administration.
- ENPS desktop management support.
- Helping ensure stability and reliability of broadcast automation and enterprise SQL Server database administration and manage.
- Working with the SQL Database Administrator to perform all common database administration tasks including database backups and recovery, database security and permissions management, database server administration, etc.
Candidates are required to have:
- Two (2) plus years IT experience and broadcast automation system expertise.
- Microsoft Certifications, Minimum: MCSA- Windows Server –or- MCSE – Server infrastructure
- Experience with high availability storage technologies.
- Understanding of virtual systems and technologies.
- Programming and Scripting skills (PowerShell, Python, etc).
- Custom application support and configuration expertise.
- Effective problem analysis and resolution skills.
- Clear and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well as part of a team and to form liaisons with other groups in order to achieve stated objectives.
- Ability to respond effectively and quickly with user requests and issues.
- Able to multi-task and prioritize accordingly.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends.
- Current work authorization to work in the United States is required.
MBN is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.
Job Type: Full-time
Job published 2022-04-30
Systems Administrator position at in Springfield, VA.
How much professional earns at ?
The proposed salary for position at is Not disclosed.
Systems Administrator responsibilities at
According to the common industry standard, specialist is in charge for the following activities.
Required qualifications at
To be disscussed with successful candidate