Job Title: Senior Data Engineer
Job Location: Hershey, PA
This position is open to 100% remote
The Enterprise Data organization drives value for Hershey by providing high-quality, well governed data to the Enterprise for analytics and decision-making.
The Sr. Data Engineer will be part of an agile execution team, working with Hershey business partners, data scientists, technical engineers, and project managers to ensure engineering standards adhere to company best practice and help to deliver rapid impactful benefits.
The Sr. Data Engineer will act as a trusted advisor for Hershey business partners by ensuring that data solutions meet expectations and requirements. You will work with a diverse team of business analysts, data scientists, technical engineers, data architects, and project managers to deliver outcomes aligned with our business partner’s strategy. In addition, you will work directly with the Sr. Manager of Data Engineering to ensure consistency and compliance of deliverables to frameworks and governance processes.
Data Engineering Solution Delivery:
Develop and deliver high-quality data pipelines adhering to best practice, privacy, and governance principles
Data Engineering Maintenance/Optimization:
Work existing data pipelines and solutions to enhance its performance, quality and/or functionality. Resolve incidents escalated by support teams or business users
Data Engineering Domain:
Collaborate with IT and business partners to define, manage and deliver innovative Data solutions to drive growth and adoption of capabilities at Hershey
Data Engineering Advocacy:
Evangelize future data solutions identified by Enterprise Data leadership, including innovations such as: metadata management; data security and governance; cloud-based systems for data storage; multi-environment integration and automation of data tasks and movement
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Executes the strategy to deliver cloud-based intelligent systems to collect, distribute, model, and analyze disparate and diverse data assets to automate insights and drive business performance
- Using best practice frameworks and governance, evaluate, design, and analyze solution engineering for agile delivery
- Create and develop robust and secure ETL pipelines across a broad range of data-focused products, services, projects, and systems
- Using best practice guidance from Enterprise Data leadership, oversee the health and evolution of agile execution team engineering technologies
- Works closely with leaders within data engineering, data architecture, data science and domain experts, to build and maintain roadmaps against the IT strategy
- Partner to deliver a modern data engineering model that follows Dev/Ops principles and standards for continuous integration/ continuous delivery (CI/CD) processes
- Ensure reliability in data and data pipelines, enforcing governance, security, and performance
- Collaborate in developing best in class key performance indicators to measure the performance and quality of the data engineering teams and processes
- Able to articulate the holistic benefits of data engineering from a business perspective, while maintaining the relationship with business analysts, data scientists, technical engineers, and project managers
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required to successfully perform major duties/responsibilities:
- Experience designing, implementing large scale data pipelines for data curation, feature engineering and machine learning across multiple environments
- Working knowledge of agile frameworks
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, meet deadlines and produce quality results under pressure
- Demonstrated leadership and managerial skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong team player, change agent, and advocate
- Excellent customer service skills
- High energy self-starter
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s in a STEM degree
- Master’s degree and/or related equivalent experience preferred
- 3-5+ years of progressive experience working with data, much of which has been focused on working with cross-functional teams and enterprise-wide data management programs
- 3+ years of experience in building data solutions within an enterprise environment using industry standard guiding principles and practices
- 3+ years of leveraging data integration tools to build data pipelines e.g., Informatica, Talend, Matillion
- 3+ years of experience with SQL, Python, Scala and Spark languages to explore, interact and build solutions
- 3+ years of experience with public and private cloud solutions
- Advanced working knowledge and experience with relational/non-relational databases e.g., Teradata, Snowflake, Databricks, Azure Data solutions or Hadoop
- Experience working with machine learning and data science teams
- Experience building data visualizations or analytics e.g., Power BI, Tableau, SSRS, SAP
- Experience working in a high performing agile delivery model, aligning with Scrum Masters, Product Owners, and other execution team members to deliver rapid and impactful solutions that align to business partner strategy
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to articulate new ideas and concepts to technical and non-technical partners
- Experience leading a project team or project function to deliver an enterprise data, application and/or ERP solution
- Experience with COBIT/SOX, as well as PII data in accordance with relevant laws
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual`s race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veterans
If you require a reasonable accommodation as part of the application process, please contact the HR Service Center ([email protected]).
Job published 2022-05-19
Senior Data Engineer position at The Hershey Company in Hershey, PA.
How much professional earns at The Hershey Company?
The proposed salary for position at The Hershey Company is Not disclosed.
Senior Data Engineer responsibilities at The Hershey Company
According to the common industry standard, specialist is in charge for the following activities.
Required qualifications at The Hershey Company
To be disscussed with successful candidate